Throughout history, Kentucky’s Baptist hospitals have been rooted in philanthropy. Funding for the Richmond hospital was a true philanthropic effort by the entire community. When Richmond's hospital opened in 1892, it was housed in a cottage donated by a community member for use as an infirmary. Richmond families helped furnish patient rooms, sewed sheets and pillowcases, and donated garden produce, soap and cured meat.
The Baptist Health Foundation Richmond continues this heritage of service and leadership by fostering partnerships to further enhance the quality medical care provided by the hospital. Donations to the Foundation help fund new facilities, advanced technology and equipment, and specialized training for our physicians, nurses, and staff members. Private donations also enable us to offer complementary therapies, support groups, community health screenings and extra services that make a patient's hospital stay more comfortable.